A customer portal is created by the Flare system automatically when you email notifications from the Sales area ("Sales" in Flare's main menu). A portal is created when you email invoices, estimates, credit notes or a record of payments you've recorded.
There is a link to the portal in Flare's default email messages, but you can also add a link to the customer's portal when creating custom email message templates.
What your customer sees
In the example below, we sent an invoice to a customer. When you send an email notification about an invoice, estimate, credit note or a payment you've recorded, this is what the customer sees.
- First, you send a notification email. See custom email message templates for more information.
- The customer receives the email. Flare's default email template for invoices, estimates and credit notes contains a button link ("View or Pay" below) to the customer portal.
- At the customer portal, the customer can view invoice details, download a PDF, Excel file or print the invoice.
Clicking a row opens a detailed view of the invoice:
- If you have configured online payments, your customers can pay invoices by selecting the invoice (1 below) and clicking the Pay Online button (2 below).
- The customer can print, export a PDF or download a CSV or XLSX file of invoices, estimates, payments, credit notes and the customer statement.
A) print button.
B) PDF download button.
C) CSV/XLSX download button.
Credit Notes tab: