You can accept online payments from customers by configuring a preferred payment provider in Flare settings (you must have an account with the payment provider).
To configure online payments, do the following:
- Click the Settings icon (1 below) and click Online Payments in the Settings menu (2 below).
- Add your PayPal account email address (3 below) and select a Flare bank account you'd like online payments to be recorded to.
- Click Save (4 above). To clear the configuration, click the "Clear Configuration" button (A above).
Your Customers' Experience
After configuring online payments, when you send an invoice to a customer the invoice notification email they receive will contain a link to a secure Flare customer portal where they can view statements and pay invoices through your PayPal account.
Here's the customer's experience:
- You send an invoice notification email from the Flare system.
- The customer receives the invoice notification email. Flare's default invoice notification contains a "View or Pay" button link that will take the customer to their Flare payment portal.
- At the payment portal, the customer can select the invoice(s) they want to pay and click "Pay Online".
- Next, they click the PayPal "Pay Now" button and are taken to your PayPal payment page. Customers can either log in to their PayPal account or pay as a guest using their online banking, debit or credit card (circled below).