Learn how to:
Although Flare's chart of account groups and accounts are probably sufficient, you may want to add your own account groups and accounts.
Account Group: a broad category such as "Cash & Bank".
Account: an account within a group, such as "Checking" within the group "Cash & Bank" to which transactions are recorded.
To add accounts, do the following:
- Click the Settings gear icon in Flare's top menu (1 below) and then click Chart of Accounts (2) in the Settings left menu.
- Click a category tab (3 below) and click the + icon of the account category to which you'd like to add an account (4).
- Enter an account number, and account name (5 below). Make sure the Active checkbox is checked.
- Click Save (7 above).
Once the account has been added, you'll see it within the account group you chose:
Add account groups
To add an account group, do the following:
- Click the Settings gear icon (1 below) in Flare's top menu and click Chart of Accounts in the Settings left menu (2).
- Click the Add new group button (3 below). The Add new account group window opens.
- Select a sub-category from Assets, Liabilities, Equity, Revenue and Expenses categories (4 below).
- Enter an account group name (5 below).
- Click Save (6 above).
In the example above, if you click the Expense tab, the account group would be listed. Once you've created the group, follow the steps above for adding accounts to the group.