You may edit payments, checks or deposits you've recorded to a Flare bank/financial account.
Learn how to:
- Edit/delete payments.
- Edit/delete deposits or checks.
- Delete transactions directly from the Flare bank/financial account.
- payments made by customer to pay invoices you've created in Flare, or;
- payments you make to vendors to pay bills you've recorded in Flare.
Check: a check you've written to pay an expense, which does not have an associated bill. You merely record a check, either when you send it, or when it clears your bank.
Deposit: a deposit you've made, typically for income, which does not have an associated invoice created in Flare. You merely record a deposit, either when you make it, or when it clears your bank.
Edit or delete payments
To edit a payment made by a customer on an invoice, or made by you to pay a bill, do the following:
- Click Bank in Flare's main menu (1 below), click the bank account dropdown menu (2), and choose the bank account that contains the payment you'd like to edit (3).
- Find the payment you'd like to edit. Click the Payment link (4 below). The payment will open in the Edit Payment form.
- To change the payment amount, first uncheck the Amount Received checkbox (5 below). The Amount Received will change to $0.00.
- Under Payment information, enter a new amount received (6 below). You may also change any of following fields: Payment date, Deposit to account, Payment method and Reference #.
Re-check the Amount Received checkbox (7 below). Notice that once checked, the Amount Received is updated, containing the new amount you entered.
- Click the Save button.
- To delete the payment, click the Delete button (A above).
You may also edit invoice payments and bill payments by clicking Sales > Payments or Purchases > Payments respectively. See Sales > Edit or delete invoice payments or Purchases > Edit or delete bill payments.
Edit or delete deposits or checks
Edit a deposit or check in any Flare bank or financial account by doing the following:
- Click Bank in Flare's main menu (1 below), click the
(2), and cick the that contains the deposit or check you'd like to edit (3).
- Because bank transactions are sorted by date by default, click the
- Find the check or deposit you want to edit and click the
- You can edit any aspect of the check or deposit. If needed, select a different Flare bank account, transaction date and reference number (6 below).
Select a chart of accounts category (7), a payee (8), and edit the check amount (9).
- Click the
- To delete the check or deposit, click the button (A above).
Delete a transaction directly from a Flare bank account
To delete a transaction directly from the account's transaction table, do the following:
- Click the checkbox next to the bank transaction you want to delete (5 below).
- Click the delete icon (6 above).