Learn how to :
To create your first invoice in Flare, do the following:
- Click Sales > Invoices (1 and 2 below) in Flare’s main menu.
- Click the
- Add a customer on the fly (4 above); enter a reference number, choose an invoice date and choose terms (5); create a product or service on the fly (6); enter a description, quantity, unit price, and discount (7); and, create sales taxes on the fly or select “Non taxable” (8).
- To add another item click
- Click the button (9).
When you create an invoice, Flare automatically creates an associated Accounts Receivable entry. To view Accounts Receivable by customer, do the following:
- Click open the Account Balances menu (1 below) and click Assets (2).
- Click the Accounts Receivable menu item (3 above) and choose Accounts Receivable (4).
Email an invoice
When you save an invoice, you’ll be redirected to the Invoices list. The invoice you just created will be at the top of the list.
To email the invoice, do the following:
- Click Sales > Invoices in Flare's main menu (1 and 2 below).
- Check the checkbox next to the invoice you'd like to email (3 below). Click the email icon (4 below). The email composer will open.
- To change the "To:" email address, hover your mouse over the email address text (5 below) to reveal the edit icon then click the edit icon. To add CC or BCC email addresses, click "CC" or "BCC" (6 below). Click the "Attach PDF" checkbox to attach a PDF of the invoice to the email (7 below).
The "From" address cannot be changed. Emails come from the Flare system.
- You may use the default invoice system template, or create your own (see Email Templates) and then choose the template from the "Template Name" dropdown menu (8 below).
- Click Send or Cancel (9 below).