Flare's user management allows you to invite your accountant or bookkeeper, employees, or others to use Flare. An invitee must have a Flare account (free or paid) to accept your invitation.
User roles and permissions
Roles that you assign to Flare users have different permissions (access levels). Admin users always have the greatest level of permissions and can view, edit, and delete account-wide. You, the account owner, always have admin permissions, but you can also grant admin level privileges to users you invite.
Sales managers and procurement managers have limited access and are only able to view, edit and delete in the Sales and Purchases sections respectively.
Problems viewing the permissions table below? Click here.
|Flare User Roles and Permissions|
|Role Permissions:||Admin||Accountant||Sales Manager||Procurement Manager|
|Account-wide||View, edit, delete||No||No||No|
|Company||View, edit, delete||View||No||No|
|Banking||View, edit, delete||View, edit, delete||No||No|
|Sales||View, edit, delete||View, edit, delete||View, edit, delete||No|
|Purchases||View, edit, delete||View, edit, delete||No||View, edit, delete|
|Reports||View, edit, delete||View, edit, delete||No||No|
|Budgets||View, edit, delete||View, edit, delete||No||No|
To add a user in Flare, do the following:
- Click the
- Enter the email address of the user you'd like to invite (3 below).
- Select a role for the user: Admin, Accountant, Sales Manager, Procurement Manager (4 above).
- Click the Add button (5 above). The user will be sent a notification email prompting them to accept the invitation.
The invitee's experience after you've sent an invitation
Following is what the invitee will see.
- The user you invited will receive an email prompting them to register for a free Flare account using the email you specified when you created the user.
- The user registers for a Flare account.
- When they log in, they can accept the invitation without setting up their own company in Flare (circled below) and they'll immediately be redirected to your company dashboard.
User is redirected to your company dashboard.
- If the user wishes they can set up a company by clicking the down arrow next to the company name and then clicking Add Company.
- If at step 3, the user sets up their own company without first accepting the invitation, or, if they already have a Flare account registered to the email address you specified when you invited them, they can accept the invitation from their company dashboard.