Learn how to:
Record a bill
To record your first bill in Flare, do the following:
- Click Purchases > Bills (1 and 2 below) in Flare’s main menu.
- Click the
- Add a vendor on the fly (4 above); enter a reference number, choose a bill date and choose terms (5); enter the product or service name, description and amount (6); and, choose a chart of accounts category from the Category dropdown menu (7).
- Create your first sales tax on the fly or select “Non taxable” (8).
- To add another bill item, click
- Click the button (10).
When you record a bill, Flare automatically creates an associated Accounts Payable entry. To view Accounts Payables by vendor, do the following:
- Click open the Account Balances menu (1 below) and click Liabilities (2).
- Click the Accounts Payable menu item (3 above) and click Accounts Payable (4).
Email a bill
When you save the bill, you'll be redirected to the Bills list. The bill you just created will be at the top of the list.
To email the bill, do the following:
- Click Purchases > Bills in Flare's main menu (1 and 2 below).
- Check the checkbox next to the bill you’d like to email (3 below). Click the email icon (4 below).
- Flare populates the "To:" email address with the email address you entered when you created the vendor, but this can be changed. Type an email address and hit the enter key on your keyboard (5 below). To enter CC or BCC email addresses, click "CC" or "BCC" (6 below). The "From:" email is a Flare system email address and cannot be changed.
- Click the "Attach PDF" checkbox to send a PDF attachment of the estimate (7 above). Enter a Subject or use the default subject (8 above). Select a bill email template (9 above) or use the default bill email message template (shown below).
For more information about creating custom templates, see "Email Templates".
Insert template placeholders by clicking your mouse in the message body at the point where you want to place a placeholder, then choose a placeholder (10 below). Compose the message (11) below and click "Save" (12 below).
For more information about bills, view the following articles in Using Flare > Purchases: