Learn how to:
When you first register for Flare, only two bank accounts are created automatically: Petty Cash and Cash in Registers. You must create other financial accounts like Checking, Savings, Credit Card, Investment accounts and others (mimicking your real-world accounts) where you will record your business's transactions.
Create a bank/financial account
To create a bank or financial account in Flare, do the following:
- Click Bank in Flare's main menu (1 below).
- Click the Account dropdown menu (2 above) and click the
- Enter an account number and account name (4 below).
- Click the button (5 above).
Disable, edit, delete bank accounts
To disable a Flare bank account, do the following:
- Click the Settings icon in Flare's top menu (1 below).
- Click Chart of Accounts in the Settings left menu (2 above) and toggle open Cash & Bank by clicking the "+” sign (3).
- To deactivate the account, uncheck the checkbox in the Account's active field (4) below.
- To edit the account click the pencil icon (5 above). Editing allows you to change the account group, account name and account number.
- To delete the account, click the delete icon (6 above).
You cannot delete a bank/financial account to which you've recorded transactions. If you no longer wish to use the account and want it hidden from the accounts dropdown, disable it instead.